It’s possible to adapt the newest living room trends to a small space. Having a smaller living room doesn’t mean that everything you own has to be crammed into a tiny room. These living rooms maximize space by keeping extra clutter out of sight.
25+ Novel Small Living Room Design and Decor Ideas that Aren’t Cramped
One popular strategy to make the room feel bigger is to decorate the room in shades of white and beige with an interesting rug. Some of these living rooms have geometric rugs while others have soft, fluffy shag carpet. A mix of patterns and textures keeps small living rooms from being boring.
Another way to make a room look larger is to hang the curtains up near the ceiling. This gives the room a sense of light and airiness. The window itself creates a feeling of space in the room and brings the outside in.
To decorate your small living room, it is best to have an overarching color theme. Light colors work better than dark colors. A neutral background means that you can choose accessories of any color palette to brighten the space. Bright cushions and throws are popular. Artwork and wall shelves enliven a small space by drawing attention up higher.
Take a look at our gallery and try some of these small living room ideas for yourself. They will help your smaller room feel larger and bring a stylish update to your living space.
1. Light Colors Make the Room Look Larger
2. Gray Chaise Sofa with Plump Cushions
3. Contemporary and Stylish Living Room
4. Floor to Ceiling Windows Make it Airy
5. Fluffy White Accents Lighten the Room
6. Calming Blue Sofa and Geometric Rug
7. Extra Seating Tucked Away Under the TV
8. Farmhouse Style Small Living Room Decor Idea
9. White on White with Patterned Curtains
10. Inviting Farmhouse Living Room with Buffalo Plaid
11. Mirrored Coffee Table Reflects the Space
12. White Sofa with Colorful Cushions
13. Wall Ledges with Framed Art
14. Beautiful and Restful Room in Blue
15. Sky Blue Sofa with Bold Striped Rug
16. Cozy Farmhouse Style Living Space
17. Sectional with Yellow Cushions that Pop
18. White and Beige Small Living Room Design Idea
19. Wide Chaise for a Restful Nap
20. Serene Small Living Room Decor Idea
21. Comfortable Seating Group with Small Tables
22. Beautiful Room with Bold Style
23. Black, White, and Gray Arrangement
24. Contemporary Room with Wall Art
25. A Window into the Kitchen
26. Cozy Overstuffed Sectional with Inviting Cushions
27. Comfortable White, Gray, and Black Room
28. Elegant Room with Basket Accents
29. Fun and Friendly Living Room
30. Tall Curtains Bring Height to the Room
31. Unique Mount for the TV Stand
Our Favorite Farmhouse Decorations to buy on Amazon